LF: Re: Big/small antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Big/small antennas
From: "Petr Maly \(OK1FIG\)" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:28:22 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Not necessarily. According to the currently valid regulation in OK land we can legally emit up to allowed power for the op's class, in my case it is 1kW. No note about limited ERP for 136 kHz band...   This regulation was already in force when I transmitted from the 150 m high T-ant. No abuse, paradise for LFers.
Someone else here also mentioned that they don't have limited ERP on 136 kHz, I guess it was PA or ON land?

73 Petr OK1FIG

PS.: I myself don't emit more than some 300 mW from the cottage, I am sure...

Final word - the ERP rule is of course open to considerable abuse. The field strength figures produced recently on this reflector seem to indicate that considerably more than 1 watt is being radiated by some people.  Have they got a special licence like the one we got for Puckeridge?

Walter G3JKV.