LF: Re: New Spectran V 1

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: New Spectran V 1
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:24:16 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:

Hello Alberto, Vittorio,   and group,

Curious as I am, I immediately installed the brand new Spectran V1 b106 this
morning and was
amazed of the performance and stability of it. Whatever I tried, I didn't get
it to crash...  ;-)
The scrolling is indeed very smooth, the automated detection of the signal
paths inside the
soundcard worked right from the beginning, and the DSP denoiser makes listening
on HF a pleasure
(I didn't use it on LF yet).

Good job !

Hello Wolf,
  thanks for the report, expecially as it is coming from, ehm.., the
'competition'.. :-)
But, seriously, the target audiences of Spectran and your excellent SpecLab are
a bit
different. Spectran is geared towards the end user, while yours is more
oriented to
people that know how to specify, let's say, the coefficients of an IIR or FIR
filter.
So perhaps there is no a real competition, having the two programs different
goals.

Very glad you haven't been able (so far) to crash it, but I would be even more
glad
if you could... that would mean that you have found one of the undoubtely many
bugs
that are lurking inside the program, just waiting to be awakened...

TNX es 73  Alberto  I2PHD