LF: Re: Farewell, LFers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Farewell, LFers
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:47:14 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Oh My.....

I now know that it's time for me to QSY.

and

I have learned today that
at least two operators who 'worked' MB2HFC over the past weekend were
unaware that their 136 kHz signals had, in fact, been relayed to MB2HFC
via
a repeater, located several miles away from the demonstration station.
(The operators concerned had, not unreasonably, believed that their
signals
were received via a conventional signal path - without the assistance of
relay equipment.)

Was anybody unaware that I have been using a UHF repeater linking system for
some 10,000 HF CW QSO's over the last 11 years, most of my LF Activity from
Eastern Ontario, several thousand hours of LDE test observations?  Should we
declare the Trans Atlantic QSO from here null and void because I use a UHF
relay from my remote site to my home?  Is it really anyone's business but
mine that I use a radio relay system to remote control my amateur radio
systems - I don't think so.

The first repeater/remote control systems were published in the early
1920's, the first regular usage of amateur radio relayed/repeated HF/VHF
systems began in the mid 1930's.  There are now an estimated 300+ remote
controlled HF/VHF repeaterd systems in existence on this mudball.

One of the biggest QRPers on HF has been using an HF/VHF relay system for
the last 6 years, he visited my system and went home and built his own
system.  QRPers do it as well......

Goodbye Steve.  Sorry to see you go, your choice of course.

Larry
VA3LK

Now lets get back to doing new things new ways.............................