LF: Silent majority

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Silent majority
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:12:10 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

There is a silent majority about that knows exactly what is going on and
one of these days the bubble could >burst, when the majority point out to
the RA what is really happening, and it is certainly not for the benefit
of the majority of LF amateurs throughout the UK.
Don't forget a lot of active LF amateurs are not using this media to
express
their opinions, however they are in >contact with one another by telephone
and private email.
Let me and others have your observations. G3KEV

OK, well here are mine.
As I understand it the LF bands were allocated on the grounds that they are
used mainly for experimental work. In this respect the development of small
antenna systems, class D PA's, narrow band modes and LF DX propagation
studies are fine example of this. The VHF receive transponder at Crawley is
a further example of this experimental work

Furthermore, we have an excellent medium for exchanging technical ideas and
propagation forecasts etc in the form of the RSGB LF reflector.

And what is it being used for?  So that our resident vociferous Luddite can
deride other peoples efforts in intimidating language.

Fine stuff for politics but not the language of amateur radio.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>