LF: Daytime from Europe, DCF39

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Daytime from Europe, DCF39
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:00:15 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings All on LF.

Just a short note, I am receiving DCF39 most every day, all day now (July
and August), using a resonant loop antenna and an EVM56 evaluation board for
the dsp.  I see the frequency line 24 hours now, only rarely does it go
away.  My bucket size is less than 1.22 milliHz and I can see the day/night
frequency change on DCF39 as well, variation is very small but it is visible
most days.

I now feel that LF coverage is really a matter of having a receiver and
transmitter that are capable of coping with the technical requirements - the
signal is there if you can get down to it in the noise.  The limiting case
is how far down in the noise one can look and can the rx and tx be kept on
the frequency to permit the integration time to work properly.  I dont see
any signals of course when the local noise gets very high - amazingly this
does not occur that often.

I am very interested to find any signals from Asia in the range of 133 to
139 kHz, especially if the signal is 7x24 and capable of at least 1 part in
10-10th frequency stability at the transmitter.  If anyone has any
recommendations I would certainly appreciate hearing them.

Larry
VA3LK