Re: LF: Receiver

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Receiver
From: "G3YXM" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:19:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Ulrich

I would recommend getting a good filter for the 455 IF, it really makes the
receiver so much better. The skirt selectivity of the 8MHz filters is not as
good as the 455 ones so you will notice an improvement there, in addition
the fact that you will have two CW filters means that you will be able to
use the bandwidth controls properly to roll off either the HF or LF side of
the passband.
The best idea is to have two filters of the same bandwidth but a 400 or
500Hz filter at 455 will still be very useful in conjunction with your 270
at 8.8.
Try International radio for a good range of filters at slightly less money
than the Kenwood ones.

Their web-site is at http://www.qth.com/inrad/

73. Dave G3YXM.

L.S.

Thank you all for your comments and advice. It made it much easier to
make a decision.
I got a TS-850SAT with 270Hz filter on the 8.33MHz if. So maybe I have
to invest in a second filter for 455KHz.
Its great to see how a single question creates not only useful answers,
but also
generates some discussion about the topic.

Thanks again.

Ulrich, PA7EY