LF: RE: Re: Re: IC-706 on LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Re: IC-706 on LF
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 08:48:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From  Alan G3NYK
us lesser mortals it is barely adequate. I was also quite  taken aback by
the
"chunder" that could be heard with no signal at 136k, this is  probably
the
PLL reference. It is something I do not hear on the 7030  (even at the
10nV
level) despite DDS LOs not being famed for their quietness.

DDS LOs are extremally quiet - there is no added phase noise due to the
synthesizer process and the phase noise you do get is that of the clock
divided by the frequency synthesis ratio.  There can be spurious frequency
products at well defined levels, but they can usually be dealt with by
filtering and proper frequency planning.

You are probably thinking of PLL synthesizer phase noise

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.