LF: Doppler effect.

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Doppler effect.
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:39:53 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all.

I have the Argo screen-shots of ZL6QH recorded in Papua New Guinea, a path of about 4,700km. This is not very different from out trans-Atlantic tests but Ricks traces show a Doppler effect around midnight which spreads the signal over about 0.1Hz, I have never seen this on a 136k trans-Atlantic trace.
Have a look at the shots on http://www.wireless.org.uk/newspic63.htm and see what you think.

Rick has calculated that the reflecting medium would have to have a velocity of around 100m/sec, assuming a double hop, to cause this kind of shift.

Any propagation brains care to speculate on the cause of this, and is there a reason why we haven't seen it on 136?

73.
Dave.
G3YXM