LF: ALPHA back on, plus CMEs & Aurora

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ALPHA back on, plus CMEs & Aurora
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:25:20 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Group,

I just received the Info from a VLF experimenter (not a radio amateur) that the ALPHA system seems to be back on. He observed signals on 11.905kHz and 12.649kHz. I have not verified this yet (because my neighbours dimmers and TV still running) but I will as soon as possible.

Other topic:
Another coronal mass eruption is on its way, it will hit the earth later this night (Sat 25). No Aurora signals audible on 144 MHz from SK4MPI yet (at 20:00 UTC), but very good signals can be expected later (if you are also active on this band). The Northern Lights may be so strong that -with a little luck- they can be seen even in the mediterranean area.
Maybe also interesting to monitor LF beacons tonight, as Alan told earlier. Think I'll get up at 02:00 UTC in the morning to see what's going on on LF and VHF.

Good night,
 Wolf  DL4YHF.