Re: LF: VE7 to Eu listening tests.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE7 to Eu listening tests.
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:02:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Steve McDonald wrote:

Starting in October I would like to do some serious listening towards Eu on
LF. Which signals (commercial broadcast) would stand the best chance of
being heard? I will start by just looking for carriers with Argo around the
Eu sunrise. The path to northern Eu must go through the auroral zone (not
fun) so I think the best chances would be from the big signals further south
where signals might be able to skirt by the edge during periods of reduced
field intensity.

Steve / VE7SL / CN88

Hello Steve
I have worked VE7 on 160 m a few times and with a bit of luck you might hear me
on 136 khz
Let me know the best time/qrg for you.
I have a suitable vertical antenna system and adequate power, all I need is
suitable propogation !!
73 de Mal/G3KEV/Scarborough/NE England