Re: LF: Re: Is anyone there ?? Its warming up....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Is anyone there ?? Its warming up....
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:06:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Steve Dove wrote:

Hi Alan and all,

Yes, there is life out here too.  Being 'on the fringe' I'm reluctant
to have anyone burn electricity at my behest, but I will make an
effort to have a rig driving Argo if anyone declares they're going
to be on.

It's still somewhat stormy and staticky as a rule, quiet nights an
exception, but things should steadily improve in that regard.  It's
been surprising how good conditions have been (judging by the
long-wave broadcasters) over the summer when there's been
no racket.

Been trying to improve on listening antennas to better the topband
vertical and, surprisingly, finding it tough;  too foresty for e-probes
to work well and thus far  -  with one promising exception  -  loops
are worse for hearing electrical burps and fizzies.  With a bit of
effort may be better placed than last year.

         73

                Steve        W3EEE

Hi Steve
If you could listen out for me on normal cw, slowest speed about 4wpm. Give
me a suitable time and freq on 136 khz and I will fire up in your
direction. I have been heard out in your direction by a /mm
operator some time back.
73 de Mal/G3KEV