Re: LF: Alternative LCR meter.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Alternative LCR meter.
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:58:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan G3NYK wrote:
I spotted an ad buried in the back of Radcom by Chevet Supplies Ltd at
Blackpool for a TENMA LCR meter  [. . . . .] good value at 44 including
vat and UK carriage.

Following Alan's comments, I decided to buy one too!
I've only just unpacked it, but initial results with the Tenma
Model 72-6634 are encouraging.
It may not be ideal for use below 100 pF or 100 uH, but with
careful use (that is, allowing for the non-zero display offset),
it can give good results.  It's a shame that there is no external
control for 'zeroing' the display.  (There are three internal
trim-pots, but it is not clear what they do.)

The unit is pocket-sized (about 120 mm  x  70 mm  x  40 mm) and
runs off an internal PP3 (9 volt) battery.  A very useful
addition to my test equipment - thanks, Alan.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG