LF: Weekend Report, 11/12-08-2001

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend Report, 11/12-08-2001
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:53:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All

It was good to hear so many stations on 136 kHz again.  Finbar
EI0CF has a new antenna up, and will try to operate during the
day on Monday; Tuesday; and Wednesday of this week. Finbar can't guarantee any specific operating schedule, but try listening for him at even hours, UTC: e.g. 08:00; 10:00; 12:00;
etc..

Reminder: Some LF operation from lighthouses is planned for
18/19th August (DF2BC/P and OH1AH).  Check the Noticeboard on the
G3YXM web site for details.

As for this past weekend, there was lots of rain at my QTH in
Chepstow, so there were not many opportunities to use my vertical
antenna, but here is what I worked/heard (mostly using my
single-turn loop antenna, running east-west - hence deep nulls to
the north and south):

Saturday, 11th August
---------------------
05:54 G4CNN   RST 559 sent, RST 579 received
16:13 G6RO    559, 329

Also, I heard:
06:50 DF0WD   559
07:09 G0AKY   579