LF: 500 KHZ

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 KHZ
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:36:58 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I understand that a request to the RA for a few khz of the 500 khz band
for the radio amateur service would be considered favourably. Some
requests have been made previously by individuals for part of the 500
khz ex marine band but there were objections from some agencies whose
ships were still using the band like Singapore, Malta and Russia plus a
few other stragglers.
The band now seems to be void of marine activity in this region and if
there are no objections on the grounds that it is needed still by some
agencies for standby then with luck we ought to get an allocation in the
near future. Other parties are also interested in the band but more long
term rather than immediate.
There are a lot of old redundant 500 khz marine transmitters about, get
them out and get ready.
This topic was heard being discussed on 80 metres recently certainly the
band for information and education !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G3KEV