LF: Re: RE: Re: Carriers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: Carriers
From: "G3YXM" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:36:11 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike.

I have a Grundig MW82 Arganto series widescreen TV with no problems on LF.

Dave G3YXM.

Today I purchased & installed a new Panasonic  TX-25 CK1  TV  receiver to replace an older one of same make.
To my horror, I found that it radiates a strong rough carrier on 136.1 spreading both up and down several hundred hertz making the band inoperable on all three of my antennas.
I have no doubt that, with difficulty, I will be able to return it to the dealers.
My problem is, what do I replace it with.  Has anyone recently installed a modern TV that does not cause QRM on 136 ? It would seem like "self mutilation" (Selbst-Verstuemmelung) to retain this equipment, particularly at present here in the UK with the awful junk generally being offered to us on tv.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

"vorsprung durch Technik usw"

Best wishes to all

Mike  GW4HXO.