Re: LF: RE: Re: Carriers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: Carriers
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:00:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike GW4HXO wrote:
     Today I purchased & installed a new Panasonic  TX-25 CK1  TV
     receiver to replace an older one of same make.
     To my horror, I found that it radiates a strong rough carrier
     on 136.1 spreading both up and down several hundred hertz.
Ouch! Thanks for alerting us to that one, Mike.
While you still have that rogue LF transmitter (cleverly disguised as a TV
receiver), is there any chance of doing some quick tests for future
reference?  For example:
- does the noise reduce when you unplug the TV antenna? - does switching the TV to 'standby' make any difference?
- does the noise appear to be conducted via the mains lead, to the house
wiring?

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG