Re: LF: Re: Receiver/IC 746

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Receiver/IC 746
From: "Jonathan Jesse" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:22:45 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Don't have numbers for the IC-746, but a friend OM that owns one
tells me that it is deaf as a doorknob on the LF band.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

I looked at the block diagram of my IC-746.  It shows an attenuator that is
switched in for Band 0 which is .03 to 1.6mhz.  Further down the line, it
shows another attenuator which is not switched.  I then looked at the
schematic for the RF unit and found the HF RX line.  It comes to a relay
that switches a 390 ohm resistor in and out.  Further down is a what
appears to be a pi attenuator composed of 2 100 ohm and 1 68 ohm resistors.
The pi attenuator would figure to be 10db but I have no idea what the 390
ohm resistor offers for attenuation.
Am I looking at this correct?  Any and all help accepted and appreciated.

73,
Jon
W1JHJ
Plymouth, MA