LF: Power of GBR at 16kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Power of GBR at 16kHz
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:59:51 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Christer, SM6PXJ, wrote:

For comparison, would it be possible for you to make the same measurement
and calculation for the GBR transmitter on 16 kHz?

I happily comply.
GBR on 16kHz is received here with a field strength of 5mV/m.

I'm not sure where GBR is located but I assume it to be Rugby.
With a ruler and a 1 : 4000000 map of Europe I found the distance to be
about 380km.
These data were used to enter the graphs in CCIR Recommendation 378-7. The
curves for 15kHz are  the nearest ones to 16kHz and 17.2kHz (SAQ).

Applying this curve indicates  that the EIRP at GBR necessary to produce a
field strength of 5mV/m at PA0SE must be:

41kW for propagation over perfect earth

63kW for propagation over sea water

63kW for propagation over "land".

73, Dick, PA0SE