LF: RE: Re. Net access on power lines etc.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re. Net access on power lines etc.
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: 4 Jul 2001 09:57:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Do you read Dave Lauder's EMC section in RadCom  ?- it is often mentioned in there.   RSGB were instrumental is setting up the expert group that defined the MPT1570 level for 9kHz to 150kHz.  Unfortunately this ended somewhat up higher than we wanted due to pressure from certain groups pushing ADSL, but very much lower than that originally being put forward by PLT proponants.   The pressure is now on to ensure radiated emisions in the 150kHz to 30MHz are set at realistic levels to protect HF.

I was originally part of the group with another hat on - trying to protect defence radio communication interests - but have now handed over to someone within this organisation more involved with international standards setting within the Nato environment.  He is not an amateur, but is sympathetic to our interests - which at HF are not all that far removed from those of military operators.

Andy  G4JNT