Re: LF: Re. Net access on power lines etc.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. Net access on power lines etc.
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:04:06 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3AQC wrote:

Finally he says " The radio amateur community should therefore
participate in and contribute to the standards development process,which is
mandated to CENELEC and ETSI"

 Are we participating? I see very little mention of the subject in RadCom.
 Anyway it looks like its a fait accomplie.
73s Laurie.

As with all legislation, this has been a very long time coming, and there have been several items in RadCom about it spread over the last few years, mainly in the EMC column. The RSGB was instrumental in setting up a body representing the interests of the various users of the short-waves, and this body has been submitting data to the standards organisations for several years. Two relevant documents are on the RSGB web site:

http://www.rsgb.org/adsl.htm and
http://www.rsgb.org/powerlines.htm

Further detail is at the RSGB EMC Committee site:

http://www.qsl.net/rsgb_emc/emcnews.html

[wearing my official 'hat']

Mike Dennison, G3XDV
Publications Manager

* RadCom * GB2RS News *
* RSGB Books and CDs *
* RSGB Online Web Site *

Radio Society of Great Britain
Lambda House, Cranborne Road
Potters Bar, Herts UK, EN6 3JE
Tel: +44 (0) 1707 659015; Fax: +44 (0) 1707 645105
www.rsgb.org
RSGB - UK AMATEUR RADIO