LF: Update from Chepstow

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Update from Chepstow
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:53:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,

General
-------
There hasn't been much 'on air' LF activity from me recently -
partly due to family commitments, and partly due to wind/rain/QRN
affecting my ability to get on the band.
But I have managed to get a second QRP TX built, and put it in a
nice little box. Pictures can be seen at: http://www.alg.demon.co.uk/radio/136/qrptx.htm#boxed

The Altoids tin is not just included for size comparison purposes
- it is actually part of the transmitter!  Additional
constructional information, including options for making the low
pass filter coils, have also been added to the web page.

QRM at G8RW
-----------
Recent letters from G8RW describe continuing QRM problems on 136
kHz from an NTL cable television interface installed in a
neighbour's house.  Bob has gone to great lengths to reduce this
continuous source of S9 QRM.  He has set up a new antenna feed
arrangement, and designed a remote tuning system to get the
antenna feedpoint away from the house.  But the received noise is
still very strong, such that even G4CNN is only just audible
above the noise.  The response from NTL has been poor: they have
not even sent an engineer to investigate the problem.  Naturally,
this level of QRM means that Bob is virtually QRT on LF.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG