LF: G8RW and NTL QRM

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G8RW and NTL QRM
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:14:37 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
GW4ALG wrote:
Recent letters from G8RW describe continuing QRM problems on 136
kHz from an NTL cable television interface installed in a
neighbour's house.

I am using NTL for my analogue cable TV, and have no trouble at all. The cables (one for radio and one for TV, are within three metres of my antenna. At least two of my neighbours use NTL's high speed internet connection (cable modem) and I have no problem with those either. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that at least one neighbour has NTL digital cable. My belief is that the distribution is done on glass fibre, with local feeds in coax. All of this suggests that the installation near Bob is faulty, not inherently noisy.

Bob's next move should be to contact the RSGB EMC Committee (see RSGB Yearbook or the web site, or phone HQ). This is a free service to RSGB members and at least two other LFers have already benefited from it.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net