RE: LF: new LFers, contests, etc.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: new LFers, contests, etc.
From: "Gasparik Richard" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:36:59 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
...1 point for each new contact...etc...hard to compare the station in UK or
western Europe with us, in central Europe. For example in range of 400 km I
have worked since January 2000 only 10 LF station. Most of the stations are
around 900km from my QTH. OH1TN have the same problem. To stimulate activity
on LF we could have an activity contest (or activity weekend) but with rules
dependent of the distance between stations worked (rules from VHF contests)
or distance dependent points (something like Stew Perry Topband Distance
Challenge). But this is not a solution how to increase activity. I'm
contester (HF and VHF) and I know that after each big contest activity (like
CQWW, ARRL or WPX) follows a deep inactivity. Look on 10m today...sometimes
it's very hard to find any US station on the band. It looks like "no
propagations"...but in the contest you may work hundred of them. I think we
could increase the activity with some DX-peditions and demonstration
stations during the hamradio meetings. Maybe some LF AWARDS should increase
the activity too....But be careful with "599 QRZ" contest on 136kc...

73 de Rich OM2TW