LF: 73.6kHz RTTY

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73.6kHz RTTY
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:34:04 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John I think Rugby is equiped for ISB (Independent Sideband) so it can
send two different data signals on the 'carrier' simultaneously. When only
one sideband is in use the signal is fairly clean as far as we are
concerned. At my location it doesnt seem to matter which SB is used. However
when they are busy and both sidebands are carrying traffic I think there is
an amount of intermod, which ,low though it may be, gives us a lot of
problems as it spreads the noise and modulation components several hundred
Hz either side.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]