LF: A Thank you and some more antenna questions

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: A Thank you and some more antenna questions
From: "Paul A. Cianciolo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:22:42 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Folks

Thank you all for your answers about my ground loss questions.  It all has
been extremely
helpful.   I also purchased the 2 books,  The LF experimenters handbooks 2
and 3 !!!

These are really great.!!!

What I would like to do as I am hoping that the band s released to the US
soon is to
contemplate antenna systems and hopefully model some.

Here is what I  have at my disposal.

My tower is 130' tall.  It is located 160 feet directly behind my house.
The tower is situated so that
1 guy wire is anchored in the woods which happens to be perpedicula to the
back of
my house.    The other 2 are guy wire sets that are parralel with the back
of the house.

The problem is that this tower is grounded at the base and at all 6 guy
points.
The tower has 2 sets of anchors  1 at 80' and 1 at about 120'.  It is guyed
at 30, 60, 90, 120 feet,
The 2 bottom sets of guys go to the close in anchors and the top 2 go to the
a set of offset triangles or
star mount which the 60 and 90' levels have 6 guy wires at each level,.

The tower is grounded at the base and at each anchor.  The antenna cable for
HF beam and others
come down to about the 20' level and then "fly" to the house at about 15'
above the ground.

Behind the tower is a 2 acres of woods that I can use,  with treetops at
the70 to 80 foot level

Can anyone suggest a way to feed this tower?  For use on the coming (I hope)
136 Khz band.
Can it be shunt fed?

I do have a pulley on an 8  foot extension arm that I could use to support a
loop antenna.

Open to all suggestions.

Thank you again

Paulc
W1VLF

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
Rescue Electronic Surplus http://www.rescueelectronics.com

1982 Vanagon Diesel  Turbo Diesel 1.9
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
First place in local tractor pulls  at 1750 LBS
With Stock E-20 Electric tractor
Air Rifle Target Shooting Enthusiast