Re: LF: RE: 73kHz tests tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 73kHz tests tonight
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 05:14:50 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 6/13/01 8:49:55 AM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

<< One option would be to use the TC4428 driver chip.  This has one inverting
and one non inverting driver.   Drive both inputs in parallel and connect
the FET driver transformer primary, now with twice as many turns, between
both outputs.  That way you can double the drive capability without running
into the problems with the unequal switching times that can give trouble
when trying to parallel up two devices with totem pole outputs

Andy  G4JNT

Just a thought....

The 4428 has different propagation delay times in each section due to its 'non-symetrical design. Although this may be minor I could see the difference on a fast scope and it did affect the switching in a 1500kHz transmitter I was working on.
It may not be important at 73k, but it's worth remembering.
I recall using 2 TC4429 chips which I seem to remember are single high current inverters.

73

David 'MRF