Re: LF: Re: RE: Anyone using a magnetic loop for 136 Khz?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Anyone using a magnetic loop for 136 Khz?
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:57:13
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have not seen any info on multiturn magloops.  Please help I am very
interested.

Hello Paul,

I remember a discussion on this reflector about multiturn loops. When I
rember well the conclusion was that there was no difference between a 10
turn loop or a single turn loop with 10 wires in parallel, it just seemed a
matter of getting a certain 'weight' of copper up in the air. But there
seemed to be an advantage to have 2 turn loop that was symmetrical loaded,
I don't remind details but it had something to do with induced current in
the ground.
Maybe the above rings a bell to some reader with a better memory (or better
knowledge of loop antennas) who can tell a bit more about this.

73, Rik  ON7YD