Re: LF: Off-topic: For non-UK readers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Off-topic: For non-UK readers
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:11:09
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 15:43 3/05/01 +0100, you wrote:
With apologies to UK readers, I am using this forum to survey non-UK amateurs about the term "on a shoestring" which the RSGB may be using in the title of a future project.

Hi Mike,

I do understand the term, but at the time I was in highschool we still
learned 'old fashioned' British English. We even got a 'black list' of
wrong spelled words (such as 'color' and 'favorite', had to be 'colour' and
'favourite'). Sometimes we had to use a complete different word (eg.
'apartment' was wrong, it had to be 'flat').
One thing I remind is that, a few weeks after I got  my ham licence, I was
told that even 'antenna' was not correct, it had to be 'aerial' ...

73, Rik  ON7YD