Re: LF: Modulation pattern on 16kHz ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Modulation pattern on 16kHz ?
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 03:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Wolf,
GBR actually on 15.975 kHz transmits MSK. The traffic is encrypted but looks
to me mostly like Wx reports. If you look at it long enough you can see
repeating patterns in it.
It is my understanding that they will stop and transmit A1A at the two times
specified. I have lost my note, but the first is at 12.00 utc on 29 May,
i.e. tomorrow.
The Russian Navy has been transmitting on 18.1 kHz in the manner you
describe, but there are also transmissions on 18.3kHz which are probably
down to them although this frequency is nominally allocated to France.
Sandwiched in between is VTX3 which transmits plain unvarnished CW.

My loop brings in GBR at 30 dB over S9, but it is relatively close here, so
not surprising.

I was most intrigued by your software receiver and plan to try it out, but
not until after tomorrow's transmission for which I will use conventional
stuff.
More interesting do you have any success at good reception below 10kHz? If
so how?

73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/