Re: LF: Re2: VLF Reception

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re2: VLF Reception
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 03:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Wolf, et.al.
GBR (16kHz) went off air at 10.00 UTC this morning and sent its call sign in
CW at 10.04. Now all is quiet, so stand by.
I tried out the Software VLF receiver yesterday, and it worked straight
away. Great fun!
However I found it was too sensitive. I had to turn the Sound card input
gain down to zero. Also the filter probably needs adjusting for MSK, it
tended to ring but my efforts to change it only made it worse - don't know
what I am doing, hi! One time I turned off  "Start Sound Thread" and
couldn't get any sound until I re-started my PC!

I can see all the stations the others show, but not the ones in between,
which my conventional Rx shows.
It is good, but not as good as my VLF Rx (Rennato's latest design) plus Loop
antenna. Maybe, I need to learn how to use Spectrum Lab properly first
though!
The station on 18.1 is RDL and is definitely Russian. I am assured by Trond
(Alfalab) that the station on 18.3 is not Le Blanc (HWU) and is probably
also of Russian origin.
These stations, including the one on 20.9 are not on the air permanently,
whereas GBR normally is.
Alpha is off air at present and has been for some time.
73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/