Re: LF: VERY TECHNICAL: Comports and Delphi

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VERY TECHNICAL: Comports and Delphi
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:06:15
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John,

What do you want to do ?
If you just want to 'toggle' 1 or 2 lines in order to key a TX or so you
can easily write the code yourself, but if you need real RS232
communication I would suggest to use one of the many freeware components
instead of indulging yourself into windows API.

I had a look on the HD and saw that I have collected about 8 components
that support serial communication, if you're interested I can mail them
directly to you (it's about 1MB all together). Most of them can be used
from Delphi 3 upward but at least one can be used from Delphi 1 upward.
If you just want to 'toggle' some lines I can send you a piece of code I
used with the QRS software.

73, Rik  ON7YD