LF: F5MAF, Wolf et al

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: F5MAF, Wolf et al
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:01:58 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Marc, Valerio, Wolf and Group,

saw Marc's QRSS yesterday evening near 137687, 19:40 UT "M" (-6 dBuV/m) until 20:30 "O" (-3dBuV/m). Tried to call, but in vain, not enough ERP here (30mW). Today 9:00 he was "O" at -14dBuV/m in low noise level, with G3AQC who was "O" -4dBuV/m.

The line at 137689.6 Hz is also visible here most of the time, but as it does show some fading, it does not seem to originate from the DCF transmitters. Interestingly, a while ago Walter DJ2LF and I observed that the troughs do not occur simultaneously at our two QTH's, 20km apart.

Other stn's heard today in JN59NK (call: dBuV/m):

DF0WD: +14, M0BMU: +3, OK1DTN: +20, OM2TW: -3, DL3FDO: +23, IK5ZPV 60W: -5...-2, IK5ZPV 100W: +3 .

After reading Stewart's interesting message, I immediately upgraded to WOLF 0.53. Tnx Stewart, it's a pleasure, all the new features work perfectly! In the evening I saw Wolf at DF0WD testing his WOLF, and we had a nice QSO. It ended up as something like a one-and-a-half-way-PSK: I tried to correct his TX-freq offset with -f 2016 Hz, but decoding failed completely. After some experimenting, it finally occured to me that I would have to correct the bit-timing as well by modifying my samplerate -r to 0.82% below its usual value, and bingo - there he was. When I called agn, noise and Luxembourg-effect QRM had gone up so much that we had trouble hearing each other in CW ...

73 de Markus, DF6NM