Re: LF: Pre-amps.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Pre-amps.
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:47:54 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 4/25/01 9:47:36 AM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

<< I did some tests woith pre-amps and found out that most simple designs have
a too poor IM behaviour and make things worse instead of better. If I would
design one I would primarily aim at a high IM rejection and don't worry too
much about noise figure or gain.
If you want to use one of the monolithic amps from Mini-Circuits I would go
for something better than a MAR-6, that one has the worst IM behaviour of all.
To compare :

I have MAV11SM  (65mA)  and MAR3SM  (35mA) devices here if you need them.
SM = surface mount.

Dave, Graham and I used a MAR3 pre-amp in Guernsey and found it overloaded with the large signal from Lessay. The MAV11 is rated at 60mW output and may be a better choice if you can spare the current.

73

David. G0MRF