LF: Transatlantic.G3XDV/G3AQC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic.G3XDV/G3AQC
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:49:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
LAWRENCE MAYHEAD schrieb:
Hi John and All,
Glad to hear that there is still some TA propagation. I will run DFCW tonight
 using 30 sec dots. Dot freq. 135,921.5 dash freq.
135.922. I am very intrested to see wether this mode gets through, and would
 appreciate any reports Start time 20:00utc
73s Laurie. G3AQC.
Hi Laurie
Hi Mike

I made a 30 dots ARGO-screenshot at 2319utc 06.03.01 (enclosed). for better reading I took the ARGO sensitivity down and got 12db between the antenna and the first mixer of the receiver. the loads of the beginnings and endings of the dashes and dots seen in the pic enclosed in my todays first e-mail - so far not from FFT-processing - vanished. now ur line, Mike, is vy good readable.

the diff rx-input-voltage between ur signs is 10db +/-2db.

it is visible that the emission of Laurie has a "noise curtain" (as we do term it in the german language) up to +/- 100 Hz.

Regards
Uwe/dj8wx jo43sv ant: inv.Ve with 340m and 400m lws

JPEG image