LF: Transatlantic: Thanks John

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic: Thanks John
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:31:32 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all tonight G3XDV was "O" copy here .  I believe his signals are the
most weakly challanged that I have received across pond.  I have sent
pics to Mike.
     73 de    John VE1ZJ

John,

Many thanks for the pics and for your perseverance in looking for my weak signals night after night. My previous Atlantic crossing was to your holiday site (much better for receiving Eu) and was only a fragment of a callsign, so small that you missed it, and it was only because you published a picture that I was able to spot my strange Morse. This one is much more satisfactory and a greater distance.

Unless anyone else is looking for Eu signals (Larry?), I will finish transmissions for the season, except when I see CFH at S9, and save on my electricity bill.

I am sure I speak for all Eu LF DXers when I thank all those in VE and W for their patience in monitoring over the last few months. The results this year have been much better than we could have hoped for.

What would be useful now are complete logs of when conditions permitted DX reception and when they did not. This could be correlated with the work that Alan is doing on CFH, and with the solar data. The key to even better successes (eg normal CW) is being able to predict the really big openings.

John's pictures will be on my web site tonight.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net