Re: LF: Re: WOLF - am I missing something ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WOLF - am I missing something ?
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:02:40 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: john sexton <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 6:36 PM

Hi Guys,
I have been rather quiet lately due to work pressure. The job that I have
been asked to do has required me to get up to speed on the latest 32-bit
Windows SDK and DDKs.
You would not believe how complicated it has now become! I have piles and
piles of CDs from Microsoft.
For Amateurs (i.e. non-paid professionals, who cannot afford the degree of
investment required) I would recommend steering away from Windows (perhaps
to Linux?). I have a distinct feeling that Microsoft is a latter-day Pied
Piper.
We were taught to apply a principle known as KISS. The latest Windows
looks
more like the kiss of death for software productivity.
73, John, G4CNN
It was suggested recently that, instead of Microsoft being dismembered they
should be required to fix the bugs in their current product range. (but
doesn't the US constitution forbid cruel and unusual punishment?)

73 de
John Rabson G3PAI