LF: Wolf Transmissions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Wolf Transmissions
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:11:33 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Brian, LF Group,

Many thanks to Brian for the report, glad to see you are getting some positive results from the test signals. I am a little puzzled by the 0.15Hz frequency offset; to get this much error in my TX frequency would require an actual fault in the synthesiser. In addition, my frequency counter would have to be reading wrong too. These things are not very likely, but not impossible, so I will check. I don't know if this could be some sort of artefact of the decoding process -I did get peculiar frequency readings when the signal level was too high.

If you run Wolf without the -l option, and the timing is all correct, the value in the pm: column will increase from one row of results to the next.

I will take a break from sending the beacon sigs tonight, to catch up on a bit of sleep. I will start again on Friday night. No doubt this will be the cue for superb transatlantic propagation conditions, lasting one night only.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU