RE: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:02:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
A pair of car batteries used on a /P expedition could easily discharge to 20V. The modern high power DMOS devices (for 1.3, 2.3 and 3.4 GHz) that this PSU is aimed at powering like a constant 28V Vcc so a straightforward SMPSU looks the obvious solution. If two batteries have to be used, then used in parallel they can be charged together from a car engine.

Also, the same PSU design can be adapted for 50V devices which would need 4 batteries in series.

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.