LF: Re: The dual lines on 137.790 ..source??

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: The dual lines on 137.790 ..source??
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 05:42:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Alan,
I don't think the dual lines are spurs from DCF42/49. The only spur around
this frequency is at 137.7921. I calculated a complete list from Markus
email and posted it on my web page: www.g4cnn.f2s.com, in a section dealing
with Loran lines and other spurs.

However 136501.8 Hz, which I reported this morning in my record of
monitoring Jack last night is one of these spurs and is specifically
mentioned in Markus email.

Yes the dual lines do indeed disappear at local dawn though occasionally pop
up again for some minutes afterwards rather weakly and as you say Larry's
signal does not change sharply but slowly reduces over the next couple of
hours or so. So I agree with your conclusion that they (the dual lines) are
probably from the east.

From charts in a rather ancient handbook of the BAA, sunrise on 31 Jan is
about 7.40, whereas I saw the QRN watershed about 6.20 on that date. The
shadow edge is over the middle of Poland at that time.
73, John, G4CNN

PS I tried to send this just to the sub-group, but did not succeed. Hence
the copy on the reflector.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/