Re: LF: G-VE by XDV?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G-VE by XDV?
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:42:47 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Mike ,  I don't have the pictures with me at work.  I do  remember the
lines above Jim's  frequency.  I will check it out at home
   I will be looking tonight from 2000Z
       73 de John VE1ZJ

Mike Dennison wrote:

Thanks to Markus, DF6NM, and John, VE1ZJ, for their
spectrograms of last Saturday night's transatlantic tests. I am
particularly grateful as it appears from careful analysis of the pics
that my signals got across, too. I don't think I have my wishful
thinking filter switch in.

I transmitted 10s dots until about midnight 0.4Hz HF of Jim. My
dashes can be clearly seen on Markus's picture (posted to the
group under the title "Signals around 135.923"). You can't see much
of the Morse itself because he has optimised for 30s dots, but it can
be worked out.

Right at the start of John's first picture (at
http://www.wireless.org.uk/newspic44.htm ) you can see a trace
above Jim's dashes, disappearing after a few characters. I made
the vertical scale on John's and Markus's spectrograms the same,
and five transmssions (G3XDV, M0BMU, G3XTZ, G3YXM, G3AQC)
fit perfectly. The attached composite image shows this.

Of course, a couple of blobs on a screen are not enough, but
encouraged by this I will transmit 30s dot CW this evening (actually
groups of one or three dashes as my keyer won't do greater than
10s dots!).

Thanks again fellers.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,