LF: The hight-tech learning curve

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: The hight-tech learning curve
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:50:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have just built a DDS signal generator based on a PIC16F84 and an AD9850
with a backlit Hitachi LCD display; and using surface mount technology
throughout.
(don't fall off you chair with surprise Andy).

Needless to say this is a kit - but I can say, that in spite of advancing
years and less than perfect eyesight (at short range) it can be done.

This kit, designed by Mick Hodges, G4OPE, covers from 0 to 50MHz and is
clocked at 100MHz. There are 16 selectable memories and 8 selectable step
sizes. The board is programmed with supplied SW in DOS. The output is
filtered by a 3-pole elliptic filter and amplified by an (optional) MAR6 to
give an output at 73 and 136kHz of a clean  2.25V P to P waveform.

At the moment it is in the testing stage and won't be in use until it is
properly installed in a RF proof die-cast box.

The kit is produced by Hands Electronics at www.rf-kits.demon.co.uk

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>