LF: Beacon sigs last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Beacon sigs last night
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:23:11 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Transmitted beacon signals again on 135.923kHz last night, approx. 40s dashes, from 2000 until 0310.

Before that, I heard a long series of CQ calls from DL3FDO on about 136.8. The gaps between calls were too short for a reply, so I assume it was a beacon signal. He was asking for reports via the DX cluster, but since I don't have that facility, he was 549 at around 1900utc.

Thanks to VE1ZJ for the latest crop of screen shots. A question for the stations listening in North America - are the signals being received from G stations subject to the same kind of fading as has been observed on VA3LK's signal, and VE1ZZ's before that - ie. good copy for an hour or so, followed by deep fades, or have there been continuous periods of good copy?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU