LF: Re: SWR X phase X reactive components

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SWR X phase X reactive components
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 101 23:55:25 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Bob . . .

You are venturing into the "operating impedance bridge" (OIB)
idea.  An
article with some information is "Building an Operating Impedance
Bridge"
in
QST, Nov 1979, pp 11-17.

I think this same OIB was published by ARRL Handbook from 1984 or something like that. Uses a linear sampler + some metal hardware assembled properly
..

 I gather that the OIB can work while the
transmitter is in normal service, and R and jX can be read from
calibrated
knobs on pots on the secondary side, after a null is found by
adjustment.

Yes, I remember that.

But I'm trying to make it similar to Kachina SWR bridge. And there they use this kind of directional coupler (2 ferrite transformers) and a TTL Dual D
flip flop to detect phase and transform this in voltage. So there is 3
voltages and no need to operate anything. A SBL1 mixer can detect phase
differences with LO/RF between 3 ... 7dBm within 1° or less from 1 to
500MHz. Ok, that's not LF but the Dual D Flip-flop can be used from some
Hertz to 35MHz.

The idea is a bench bridge + some micro-controller / portable bug and
running from some mW to a watt or so ...

Thanks on the info. May be for now a RX noise bridge can do the job :o)

73
Marcus, PY2PLL(Base) / PY3CRX (Mobile)
GG66rf - S. B. do Campo - SP
hampage => http://py.qsl.br