Re: LF: Loran Lines.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loran Lines.
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:14:01 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Martin

Start, as I did, with an old long wave ferrite rod antenna in series
with your wire. Sliding the ferrite in and out of the coil will resonate
it. Not much good for transmitting but easier than winding a wheelie
bin.

73, Tom G3OLB

In message <00c101c092ac$139f2180$3304893e@default>, Martin Evans
<[email protected]> writes
Gosh! What a response- Thanks to Tom 3OLB, Mike 3XDV, Jim 0BMU, Dave 3YMC,
Alan 3NYK, John 3PAI, Dick PA0SE, David 0MRF- and anyone that I've missed.
The replies were amazingly consistent and amounted to a single command- tune
the antenna, stupid! Alan 3NYK told me to do this several weeks ago but
being the stubborn type I ignored his wisdom, only to have it rubbed into me
now! Right then- where can I find a wheelie bin to wind the coil on? (why a
wheelie bin?- to go mobile, of course, silly question!).
Thaks again to everyone for their help. I promise that I'll listen this
time!

Martin Evans GW3UCJ.