Re: LF: G3LDO & M0BMU Copied Plymouth, MA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3LDO & M0BMU Copied Plymouth, MA
From: "Jonathan Jesse" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:48:56 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 04:31 PM 2/10/01 GMT, you wrote:
Thanks for the screen shot. I found it very helpfull. It is amazing what you can hear (see) with that little antenna.

I'm happy that you liked the screen shot.  Yes it is amazing that the 1
meter whip can hear what it hears.

I got up at 0400 and switched on the transmitter. After making sure that it was transmitting correctly I went back to bed. When I got up at 0700 I found that the transmitter was not working. I checked the 70v PSU and, judging by its temperature, the transmitter had been off for a while.

Well that explains why the signal suddenly stopped.  I see no other traces
of your signal in my captures.  It appears that the transmitter quit before
finishing the first cycle.  But what I did receive was so very clear as
you've seen for yourself.

I had the new DDS exciter on for the first time (in a new diecast box with reverse supply protect etc). This project was only just completed in time to go on the air. This unit runs off a seperate chargable battery. What I didn't realise was the DDS takes about 3 times as much current as the original crystal mixer exciter. The transmitter had been on from 2100 until 0030 and then from 0400 until the battery died.
I will try again tonight from 2300 until bed time and then from 0400.

I will try to give a more exact frequency when I have calibrated the DDS unit

Very good.  I'll be listening/watching.  Or I should say, ARGO and SNAGIT
will be watching!  I am like a child  on Christmas morning that gets up
early to unwrap his presents.  I jump out of bed to look at my nights worth
of screen captures!

73 and good job,
Jon W1JHJ
Jon