LF: LF Test Frequencies

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF Test Frequencies
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:08:33 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>

>Which frequencies are occupied in the 'transatlantic window'?
>Just in case one would give it a try.
>
>/sm6pxj

I would also like to join you all.  Though the vfo is stable, I checked
overnight against the existing transmissions, it has only 1Hz setting
resolution.
 Brian CT1DRP

It would appear that the USA/VE group look between 135.920 and 135.923, although the picture sent to me by Jon covered .919 to .925 on the 30s dot setting. My transmission on Friday/Sat was on .919.7. Last night I moved up to .920.7. because I understood I would be outside the search window.
On the 4th of Feb  Markus listed the stations transmitting as follows:
924.15 ZP(V)?
923.4  G3XDV
923.0  M0MBU (very good frequency marker)
922.5 G3XTZ
922.3 G3YXM
921.7/.8 G3AQC (DFCW)
921.4/.6  G4JNT  (DFCW)
As I said I will be on 920.7 G3LDO
From Markus's picture QRSS stations .2HZ apart (DFCW needs a little
more room) are quite readable so you can slot yourself in. Like Brian I only have 1Hz setting resolution and I don't have the confidence to do that so I will stay where I am on the edge!. According to Jon's picture there is space below 920.7. to 919.0, where there is a Loran line. This Loran line also shows up on VE2ZJ's picture These pictures from Dave's web site are a great help to us over here. The only improvement I can suggest is to align the receiver and Argo frequency settings so that they are direct reading.

I am not sure of tonights transmission times but I will be on in the morning from around 0400UTC BTW. My ukonline site seems to have trouble receiving attached files. This one seems OK though.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>