LF: Recent Transatlantic Sucesses

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Recent Transatlantic Sucesses
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 04:50:46 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF Group,

having spend a week on the other side of the pond myself (however, without
LF receiving capabilities) I was surprised to hear about all the recent
successes on the transatlantic tests!

Congratulations on all parties involved! The day when a complete QSO is
succesful seems to be very close. I hope that the recent news also helped
to speed up negotiations with the FCC on a US LF allocation!

As soon as I have geared up my rig again I will try to participate
(however, I am pretty old-fashioned ... I only have 1 Hz resolution with my
current DDS ... however, there might be a solution, using my Hagenuk SSB
Exciter, feeding it with an audio frequency generator capable of 1 mHz
steps should work ... let us see ... any frequency slot in the TA window
still unassigned? ...).

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)