Re: LF: Antennas/ERP

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antennas/ERP
From: "Valerio Gabbani" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:37:09 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
James Moritz wrote:

......There comes a point where the voltage on
an antenna becomes so high that breakdown occurs. Since for a
given antenna, the voltage is directly proportional to the current,
this places an upper limit on the ERP for a given antenna.

I have just tried it  increasing power  to 2 kW .
The results are two ceramic insulators perforated and two wire of a 4mm
diameter iron cord melted.
OK i can increase antenna insulation but I worry  about what could happen
if anyone touch the antenna wire when i'm transmitting at full power.

'73, Valerio (IK5ZPV)