LF: lf tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: lf tests
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 23:44:41 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all I am home again I will look for any Eu stations tonight and tmw
night .  i will stay up until 0415Z.  If anyony wants to transmit pse
respond by Email .  I prefer to listen 135.7 to 135.8 but will also
listen 135.9 to 136.0 if  someone's tx can't be moved down.
    Laurie I am scared of qrm from CFH at Jack's house. So I prefer to
be listening
at 135.7 but wud entertain testing at  135.9  to see if the Greek
station is causing trouble

    All day yesterday and today  128.9 and DCF39 were coming in .Could
hear both in earphones.  They varied between S-1 and S-3 during
daylight.  Yesterday at 1930z and today at 2030 128.9 was S-5 good
enough for reception of G0MRF
This morning at 0630Z both 128.9 and DCF39 were S-7.

    S-7 should indicate conditions adequate for reception of  500
milliwatt  ERP G station
    During Jan 12 and 13 tests  I recommend testing start at 2000. Eu
transmits following Jack's periods for 20 minutes . I recommend we
continue until 0730 on both  friday/sat nite and sat/sunday night. Eu tx
freq should be 135.7 to 135.8  . I will have email available. I might
call for change of freq to 135.9 if the Greek stn is too strong and if
CFH is no problem.
  Over the next week or 10 days I hope we can run more tests with you
in Eu transmitting and me listening here in Sydney to help determine my
best freq for listening
     73 all de John VE1ZJ