LF: Re: RE: Freq stability

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Freq stability
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:46:48 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto,

Vernall wrote:
> The TVNZ nationwide network, with two Tv channels, has a Rubidium source
for
> timing.

In Italy, the state-owned TV broadcaster RAI has all its timings locked to
a central
Caesium standard, in Rome. Or at least so I have been told by a former RAI
employee.
I'm wondering if some simple circuit diagram is to be found somewhere, to
receive and
recover the synch timings, without using a real TV, bulky and noisy.

73
Alberto    I2PHD

Alberto,

The relatively simple circuits I am aware of need a good quality composite
video signal to start with, then use line synch pulses to phase lock a local
10 MHz oscillator.  There was a circuit in Radcom a couple of years back,
which seemed to be very similar to an Electronics Australia project from
1993.

The composite video could come from a VCR rather than a TV set.  Running an
actual TV set in the shack would generally be shooting oneself in the foot
for LF QRM :-(   Also you likely need much better than a piece of wet string
for the TV antenna, as noise or ghosting on the received video will not
result in a lab standard for the reference signal.

73, Bob